About the Course
This class will focus on how to write an effective Persuasive Essay. The student should be able to write a five paragraph essay before attempting this course. We have a suitable Writing an Informative 5 Paragraph Essay class that will prepare your student to take this Persuasive Essay class.
This is one of the most important types of essays for a student to take who plans to attend college. Most college papers will require students to agree, disagree or make a point about a topic or multiple topics one paper, using facts, citations from documents and readings, and or state an opinion as fact. This skill requires a foundation and practice to meet these expectations.
This class will prepare your student to write an effective Persuasive Essay with the following concepts and skills:
- brainstorming supporting arguments and details around a topic
- writing an outline for your paper
- writing effective introductory paragraphs with a thesis statement and hook
- writing effective supporting detailed body paragraphs
- writing effective concluding paragraphs with a summary statement and clincher
- using effective writing techniques with transition words and sentence structure variety