Join us as we explore how to successfully complete the new ACT Essay Writing portion of the ACT test. This course will explore and show students how to understand and successfully complete the optional Writing portion of the ACT test.
This course will examine and give students practice in the following topics and skills:
- the format of the test and prompts
- evaluation and scoring by the test evaluators with sample rubric
- timing constraints
- sample essay prompts and sample essays with their scores
- brainstorming and developing a quick outline of thoughts before writing the essay
- writing the essay and pacing yourself
- writing techniques to polish your sentences – use of transition words and sentence structure variety
Any student preparing for the ACT Writing Test or one seeking additional practice in persuasive writing would benefit from this course.